Saturday, November 26, 2011

Worked on a new reduction cut today. I have been imagining these creatures for a while so, it was cool to see one make it out into the world.


I like using really bright color. I try to use inks with only transparent pigments and add transparent base often to keep the paper brightness coming through.


It keeps the colors alive and together as they layer, mixing to produce something new on the print.



My tiny studio has seven color corrected 100w florescent lights blaring for the short Seattle winter days and long nights. It's getting pretty crowded, but it feels cozy and kinda crazy.

I'm surrounded floor to ceiling with paper, ink, tools, presses, artwork, photographs, & drying racks. Music is blaring it's a pretty great place to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment